You are here: Home > International Students > How to Get a Driver’s License

International Students

U.S. Visas Information
Orientation Program
How to Get a Driver’s License
Social Security Number
Scholarships for International Students
Education in the U.S.
Banking in the U.S.
International Students Insurance
Tax Return and Filing

How to Get a Driver’s License

In order to apply for a Massachusetts Driver’s license, international students must apply in person to the REGISTRY OF MOTOR VEHICLES (RMV).

Bring the following items with you:

  • Social Security Number (or official denial notice) from the Social Security Office
  • passport
  • I-20 form or DS-2019 form
  • white I-94 arrival/departure card
  • evidence of current address in Boston (e.g. lease or rent agreement, utilities bill, or mail received with address)
  • current driver’s license from your home country or international driver’s license
  • method of payment

How to Get a Liquor ID Card

A Liquor ID Card may also be obtained at the REGISTRY OF MOTOR VEHICLES. (Please note that you must be age 21 or older in order to obtain a liquor ID Card.)

Requirements for Liquor ID Card are the following:

  • passport
  • birth certificate
  • home country license or home country ID (both must contain the person’s signature)
  • a bill or letter received with your current Boston address


Test Preparation Schools & Programs Letter & Writing Career & Training

Link to us | Contact us | Home Copyright 2017-2021 All Rights Reserved